Monday, February 7, 2011

Setting Up an Ebenezer

Eb·en·e·zer

"Originally a biblical place name (meaning ‘stone of help’ in Hebrew). This was the site of the battle where the Israelites were defeated by the Philistines (1 Samuel 4:1). After they took their revenge, Samuel set up a memorial stone bearing this name (1 Samuel 7:12) (encyclopedia.com, emphasis mine)."
I have a memorial stone that I wear on my left hand, reminding me of the covenant I made with God and my husband six months ago today.  And today we remembered and celebrated.  I am thankful for who Nathan is, who God is making him, and that he is in my life.  All glory to God for our marriage!

Image (c) Cathy Mores Photography

P.S.  Isn't he handsome?  And the smooch... I just had to put it up... it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment