Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 22

(Full list here.)

A Picture of Something You Wish You Were Better At

We've already talked about remembering... so I'll spare you that one. (Tee hee.)  However, related to remembering is The Art of Joke-Telling.  I will laugh at just about any joke, mostly because I know (oh so well) what it feels like when you've just delivered the punch-line and your audience is still expectantly waiting for it... "Uhh... that was it guys... get it? Too-farty!!"  So... yeah.  I wish I were better at telling jokes.  Uhm.  Anyway, I don't know what sort of photo-form that comes in, so... moving on.

(Insert photo of blank stares.)

I also wish I were better at being brave.  Some of you are naturally confident, and my wish will seem incomprehensible.  Honestly, it boggles my mind, too.  So many of my confident friends have tried to talk me into being brave.  "What's so scary about it?"  "What are you waiting for?"  "What's the worst that could happen?"  I can answer those questions, and I know my fears are sometimes illogical, but it still takes all of my will-power to override my hard-wired timid nature.

The EPITOME of Brave.

The thing that helps me more than will-power is my confidence in the Lord.  I have never been comforted by being convinced that I'm nuts for being timid or afraid.  I mean, what's so comforting about someone questioning your feelings?  Logic prevailing, I still feel afraid.  But, confidence from knowing scripture and trusting that I can know God's will and obey him helps remove the feelings of fear and replace them with confidence.  Knowing that I am following the God of the Universe gives me great confidence... 'cause he's bigger than anything else I'll run into! (Cue: "God is bigger than the Boogey Man, he's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on TV...")

No comments:

Post a Comment