Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 18

(Full list.)


A picture of your biggest insecurity


Shooooot.  My deepest, darkest fear set before your eyes in glaring pixels of glory.


And what to share?  What is my biggest insecurity?  Is it my need to wear mascara so my eyelashes are visible (not really, but I've told Handsome that I hope our children have his eyelashes, as they are much darker and fuller than mine)?


Seriously, though.  Sometimes I feel like I need to be impressive, to wow 'em, and to show everyone that I'm a unique, well-rounded and fully capable adult.  I feel like I need to be the best at everything.  Then, the worst part is when I believe this lie long enough that I actually start trying to be the best.  At this point, my greatest insecurity?  To be measured and found wanting.  To be unimpressive, regular, normal.  To be found out as a "faker".




I don't know if you've ever been there.  I've spent too many hours worrying about whether or not I'm impressive.  But, by the grace of God, I don't stop there.


I am loved by the God of the Universe, with a very strong love.


This reality, and the reality that I'm forgiven (see the "I Believe" tab), gives me great freedom.  The God of the Universe found me valuable enough to die for me, so that I would be healed of many things, including my insecurities.


P.S. If you didn't understand the picture, it symbolizes being measured and found lacking (aka. not what you first appeared to be, upon further investigation).

No comments:

Post a Comment