Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 21

(Full list.)

A Picture of Something You Wish You Could Forget*

This is hard, because it implies regret, and I don't let myself regret things in my life.  By the grace of God, I choose to see the benefit of everything that happens, even if the only good I can see is that God allowed it to happen**.  I've done some really embarrassing things and said some really dumb things, which have humbled me, but humility is something I need to grow in, anyway.

I think the problem for me isn't forgetting, but remembering.  Eeeks.  I forget all kinds of things--assignments, dates, NAMES (!), etc.  My mom would call me "Forgetful Fred" sometimes (I think he's a character on some TV show we used to watch).

I've developed some memory-management techniques (helped greatly by the fact that I am highly visual).  I use lists, post-its, and calendars--as long as I can see it later, I'll remember (the opposite of "out of sight, out of mind").

One summer I worked as a secretary at Pine Cove, managing 60-something people's schedules, haha.  My life was a flurry of post-it notes and checklists!!!!

See all of those post-its?
So, there it is, folks.  Nothing to forget... so many things to remember!

(Who knows, I may be the one to forget my anniversary... pray for me!)



*Not exactly.  The photo is of something that was a very good experience, and I hope to remember it all of my life!

**Referring to Romans 8:28-29, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son..."

No comments:

Post a Comment