Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Favorites 5/9/2014


Time for another installment of Friday favorites!
  1. C25K Free Running App by Zen Labs
    If you are not a runner (or, I guess, even if you are, but I cannot vouch for you), but you want to start, this app wonderful.  It will guide you through running workouts 3x per week for 8 weeks, and by the end you should be able to run a 5K race.  To start, I turn on some music (you can do this through the app), and then listen for the instructions--the app will tell you when to start running and when to start walking, and includes warm-up and cool-down time.  The only downside is it appears it's only available in the Itunes App Store, and that you have to take your phone with you when you run & wear headphones (but I already listen to music when I work out, so it's not a big deal for me).

    C25K App Main Screen

  2. Revlon Tourmaline/Ionic/Ceramic Hairdryer
    If you follow me on Instagram, then you might have seen that I recently got a new hairdryer.  For curlies, our hair is all so different and a tip that works for one person may not work for another, but for my fine-textured, but full head of curls, this dryer is amazing.  It dries my hair faster, keeps it looking shinier, and there is virtually no frizz to speak of.  All of that means that I can dry my hair almost completely (around 95%), whereas I used to only be able to dry it to about 60% before it would puff & the curls would lose shape.  It comes with a diffuser attachment, which is the only way I use it.

    Just look at those curls!

    This is a snip of my order history on Amazon so you'll know exactly what I bought.

  3. Harney & Sons Teas
    Mmmm.  I love a good cup of black tea.  I first tried these teas at a coffee shop called Bluestem Bistro, which is in the town I went to college in.  They have great flavors, and my favorites are Vanilla Black, Paris (a fruity black), and English Breakfast.  They also come in these gorgeous tins that make you feel like you are taking tea with Queen Elizabeth.

    These are the tea sachet tins, aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment