Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 6

A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day


This one is tough.  At first, I though I'd pick someone famous, but I'm not sure if I could stand being famous for even a day!  Then, I thought that maybe I'd pick someone with a really cool job.  But, I think I'd like to go back in time and pick someone from history.  Leonardo da Vinci?  Well, it might be weird to be a guy.  So that also takes out Dietrich Bonhoeffer, C.S. Lewis, Martin Luther...


I think I will choose Mary Magdalene (the Christ-follower).




And, if I get to pick the day, I'm choosing the first Easter.  That's the day that Mary found the tomb empty and reported it to Peter and the disciples.  She believed that someone had stolen his body from the tomb, and she was pretty upset about it.  But then Jesus appeared to her (in his flesh and bones body), comforted her, and told her that he is ascending into heaven (just like he said he would).  Then, she goes to the disciples and tells them, "I have seen the Lord!"  See John 20:1-18.


P.S.  Although the common belief is that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, scripture doesn't specifically say that.  It only describes her as a sinner.  I thought I should point that out as I say that I'd like to live a day in her shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught myself up to all of your picture posts- looking forward to the rest of them! :) My favorite so far is the sleeping one- precious and LOVE them- like I love you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete