Friday, June 15, 2012

Living the Dream


It hit me the other day that I'm living my dream:  to graduate college and to be a design engineer.  It's incredible.  Somebody pinch me!  I'm pretty sure that just yesterday I turned 16 and this morning I graduated high school... when did college happen?  And getting married?  And getting hired full-time?  (And passing Heat Transfer?)  There were so many hard days, sometimes I wasn't sure I would make it through.

Honestly, it's not as perfect as when it was on the horizon, but that's just life.  Nothing is ever perfect, but it can still be lovely.  There are at least a million things I don't know, but I have great coworkers and a great supervisor who have been a big help (and very patient).

I'm standing here at this milestone, and I have many more dreams that I hope to see realized, but I am so thankful and all I can think to say is:

Here I raise my ebeneezer
Hither by Thy help I've come
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home


(From Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing)

1 comment:

  1. I know those feelings, especially this summer...does it make me old if I say time really does fly?

    ReplyDelete