Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Over-Spiritualizing

After thinking about yesterdays post a little, I realized that it may seem base of me to ask God to help me understand my homework.  At least, I used to think that... as if one was trying to "over-spiritualize" everything.  But I don't know that you can do that*.  In the past it was my stubbornness (aka. pride) that kept me from asking God for help.  Now I've realized that he is the God of the Universe, and if he decides it is a good thing, then he will do it.  I will not have something if I do not ask for it--so why not ask?

Jeremiah 32:27 (New International Version)

"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"



*I will say, though, that it is easy for us to project our feelings on God, which may be seen as "over-spiritualizing" something.  For example:  "I just didn't have peace about it..."  The problem with that is that God's peace is not circumstantial.  If someone's afraid or they just don't want to do something, then they should just admit it instead of blaming God.

No comments:

Post a Comment