Friday, February 12, 2010

New Purpose... God Sightings

I have a hard time blogging sometimes.  Posting is pretty sporadic, mostly because I don't feel like I have much to say.  I think I've finally found something I actually want to talk about.

When we were in Israel, our American tour guide, Marty, began each day with a devotional time that consisted of prayer and reports about big things that happened the day before, aka. God sightings.  It's when the "unexplainable" happens... something that you know only God could have done.

God does big things for me every day.  I thought it would be cool to share them with you.  So, here's a recap of the week:

Monday
  • During lunch had a faith discussion with some of my engineering friends.  We shared parts of our stories and talked a little about theology--one of my favorite topics.  (NEVER would have thought this would happen... oh, my little faith)
  • Sold books on Amazon and made bank.
Tuesday
  • Mom informed me that because of special discounts this month, we got my designer wedding dress for 50% off. 
Thursday

  • Stayed calm during my Circuits exam.
  • Car died in a parking lot across town.  God gave Nathan's dad wisdom to know how to make it work again.  Cost me $3.75 to get it running.
Today (Friday)
  • Stayed calm during my Mechanics of Materials exam.
  • Wrote a program that worked in C-programming!!!
  • While sitting at the desk, I overhear a conversation about faith.  One person asking another about their recent (as in the last few months) belief in Christianity.  Person #2 explains.  Person#1 begins to talk about their faith.  Another person pipes into the faith discussion.  I am sitting in awe, witnessing an unbeliever ask a believer to share their testimony.  I pipe in when person #1 is talking about their beliefs.  Apologize for being rude, but am kindly invited to join convo as we discuss different beliefs about God.

I hope that you're encouraged as you read these stories.  I'm reading them over and thinking, HOW did that even happen...  When God shows up, crazy things happen.  Seriously.

I pray that God will open your eyes to see how he's working in your life.

1 comment: