Friday, October 24, 2014

Travel: We went to Colorado!

We had a ton of fun last weekend in the mountains!  Handsome and I decided to take a long weekend and breathe in some fresh mountain air.  We (actually I) hoped for some cooler weather, but it was actually about the same temperature as home (you can't win 'em all, I guess). Now, pictures!

We stayed at the 3rd Street Nest Bed and Breakfast (so cute, I highly recommend it!)
http://3rdstnestbb.home.bresnan.net/

Lunch at La Baguette in Old Colorado City
(Seriously, look at that French Onion Soup! So good!)

Pike's Peak

How this went: "Let me take your picture in panorama and you can be in the picture twice."
"Ok."
"Do a funny pose!"
"I am!"
"Come look at this. You didn't do anything funny at all!"
"Yes I did.  Look, I did a thumbs-up!"
*Sigh*

Helen Hunt Falls (Thanks for the recommendation, Diane!)

Helen Hunt Falls

We took a drive on Gold Camp Road in North Cheyenne Cañon
(Look, a tunnel!)

Dinner by the Arkansas River at River's Edge in Salida

The Royal Gorge

And then the real reason I go to CO, so I can look at Aspens.

No comments:

Post a Comment