Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recipe: Raw Granola (Swedish Museli)

I am such a big fan of breakfast.  Before we were married, Handsome infrequently ate a granola bar before his first class, but now I've convinced him to start every day off right.  Breakfast helps you wake up, starts your metabolism going, and doctors say that breakfast-eaters have a healthier weight than non-breakfast eaters.  (Have I convinced you yet?)

I love cold cereal.  I could eat it for every meal, but I find that a lot of the cereal at the grocery store is too sugary for me (either that or it's like tiny pieces of cardboard).  This Swedish Museli is perfect for me.  The oats are soft with a little bite, the nuts and apple give it a nice crunch and the fruit makes it just the right amount of sweet.  I hope you enjoy this easy, healthy breakfast as much as I do!


Raw Granola (Swedish Museli)
by Lauren Spare

1 c. Dried Cranberries
2 c. Old Fashioned Oats (not instant)
2 Apples, grated
3/4 c. Sliced or Slivered Almonds (toast for more flavor)
3 1/2 to 4 c. Milk

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a tight-fitting lid. Let sit overnight or for several hours before serving.

To eat: scoop a portion into a bowl. Top with sugar or honey to sweeten, add additional milk or some yogurt, to taste.

Museli will last a week in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment